The new IATA Standard Safety Assessment for non-IOSA Operators.
The IATA Standard Safety Assessment (ISSA) is a new IATA programme for a further enhancement of safety in the aviation industry. With ISSA now operators have access to a renowned IATA safety verification who are either not eligible for IOSA or who want to take a first step towards an IOSA registration.
The ISSA is a voluntary and internationally recognized evaluation system for operators influenced by the scope of IOSA such as audit standards deriving directly from all IOSA disciplines, with an emphasis on the Organisation and Management System. The standards and recommended practices are in accordance to the IOSA Standards Manual (ISM) and Program Manual (IPM).
What are the benefits of ISSA?
- Global Safety Standard for commercial operators not covered by existing programmes
- Measuring operator’s conformity with relevant ICAO Requirements
- Gradual Implementation of Safety Management System (SMS) Elements
- Audit completion provides eligibility for entry on ISSA Registry
- Improved marketing and commercial advantages for operators
- Improved conditions for reduction of insurance premiums
How will the ISSA be conducted?
- The initial audit will be followed by biennial renewal audits
- The audit will be conducted by two auditors for two days (four man-days on-site)
- Both the documentation and implementation will be verified
- The audit follow-up and registration period is in alignment with IOSA
Who is eligible?
- Commercial or government passenger and/or cargo operations
- Aircraft with one or more turbine powered and/or multiple reciprocating engines
- Two-pilot operations
- IFR and/or VFR operations
AQS was appointed by IATA to conduct the first ISSA in 2014. Based on our experience in the field of IOSA we are delighted to support you in this new program. For further information, please contact us.